Dr. Tara Lapointe was born and raised in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. She returned to her roots in 2011 after a decade of self discovery, travel and education in preparation for a career in the natural health field. She believes in empowering her patients with education to achieve optimal physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
After graduating from Acadia University with a BScH (Honours in Biology), Dr. Tara moved to South Korea to teach English as a second language. It was during this time that she truly discovered Natural Medicine and Yoga. Seeing the impact that these therapies had on the people who accessed them propelled Dr. Tara to attend the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine and become a licensed Naturopathic Doctor. With this she received in depth training in medical sciences, diagnosis, physical examinations and naturopathic modalities including: Nutrition, Hydrotherapy, Physical therapies, Counselling, Botanical Medicine, Homeopathy, Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
During her time at CCNM Dr. Tara volunteered her services in India with CFHI treating patients through community services and Ayurvedic Medicine, at CCNM's free satellite clinic at Sherbourne Health Centre treating patients living with HIV, and at the AIDS Committee of Toronto. During her last year at CCNM Dr. Tara was appointed as the VP Clinic of the Naturopathic Students Association and saw patients on a full time basis at the Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic as part of her fourth year clinical which included a Homeopathy specialty shift with Dr. Nadia Bakir ND, FCAH.
As a forever student, Dr. Tara has also completed studies in Reiki, Ayurvedic Medicine, IV therapies, Ozone therapy, Naturopathic injection therapies, and Yoga RYT200. Dr. Tara is committed to serving her community and sits as the secretary on several boards including the AIDS Coalition of Nova Scotia, the Halifax Peninsula Housing Cooperative and the Nova Scotia Association of Naturopathic Doctors. She also teaches part time at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition.
Dr. Tara strives to maintain a balanced lifestyle with her active passions for yoga, running, and surfing as well as pursuing her artistic side by playing music and painting. In her spare time she enjoys venturing into the farmers markets and creating whole food dishes, beekeeping and gardening, relaxing with family and friends, cuddling with her pet cat Carma, reading at coffee shops and taking in the live music and art of HRM.
CREDENTIALS AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
Dr. Tara is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor with the Nova Scotia Association of Naturopathic Doctors, the College of Naturopathic Doctors of Alberta and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors. She has completed her 200hr Yoga Teacher Training and is registered with Yoga Alliance. She has further training, some of which is listed below:
- Acadia University BScH 2006 in Wolfville NS
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine Graduate 2011 in Toronto ONT
- Ayurvedic Medicine training with Matthew Remski ERYT500
- Reiki Level 1 &2 with Dr. Usha of the Buddha Hall 2010 in Dharamshala INDIA
- Reiki Level 3 & Reiki Master with Tamira MacGillivray 2017 in Dartmouth NS
- Dream Interpretation with Dr. Christopher Sowton ND in 2011 in Toronto ONT
- Parenteral Therapy course with Dr. Paul Saunders PhD, ND 2011 in Toronto ONT
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture with Virginia Doran MS, LAc 2011 in Toronto ONT
- Health Breast Practitioner Program with Dr. Sat Dharam Kaur ND 2012 in Toronto ONT
- Chelation Therapy Training with the American College for the Advancement of Medicine ACAM 2012 in Las Vegas NV
- Advanced IV therapy Course with International IV Nutritional Therapy 2012 Toronto ONT
- European Injection Techniques and Skills with Dr. Klinghardt MD PhD 2013 in Seattle WA
- Autonomic Response Therapy ART with Dr. Marc Schwartz 2014 DC in Philadelphia PA
- Neural Therapy training with Dr. Jeff Harris ND 2015 in Sackville NS
- Laughter Yoga Teacher Training 2015 with Michi Marioka ERYT500 Certified LY Teacher Trainer in Eastern Passage NS
- Ozone Therapy training with Dr. Frank Shallenberger 2015 in Reno NV
- Yoga Teacher Training 200hrs RYT200 with Yandara Yoga Institute 2016 in Baja MX
- Genomic Medicine training with Dr. Paul Anderson NMD 2016 via webinar
- Teaching faculty at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition 2016-current in Dartmouth NS
- Chris Kresser Institute of Evolutionary and Functional Medicine Level One Year Long Clinician Training Course 2017-current